Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Chocolate Mice

Who doesn't love yummy dishes at Christmas time?  One of my classics is my traditional Christmas Mice!  I can't remember the first time I made these...maybe 15 or 20 years ago I think.  And I can't remember where I originally found the idea.  It was years and years before Pinterest.  It was back when we found ideas in magazines, books, or from our friends.  Today, ideas are passed around much faster with the internet!  I guess I am really showing my age! LOL
Christmas mice are really easy to make!  I prefer to purchase the good chocolate that candy makers use, but some people just melt chocolate bars.  It is a bit more expensive, but tastes so much better!  You can purchase different types and brands at candy supply stores.  Make sure you buy cherries that still have the stems on them.  Dip the cherries in the melted chocolate and lay on wax paper.  You must work fast because the chocolate hardens quickly.  Add a Hershey Kiss to the front and two slivers of almonds for ears.  After it all hardens, I use a small tube of icing (sold at any grocery store) and add two white or pink eyes.  And that's all there is too it!  It is always a favorite at parties or added to a plate of cookies that I give as a gift.  Enjoy!

No comments: