Monday, November 24, 2014

Hedgehog Bakes a Cake

My 2nd graders have been reading the story Hedgehog Bakes a Cake.  Today, we made Hedgehog cakes in our classroom.  I have been making these cakes in my classroom for many years and they are always a big hit! 

These cakes can be used for any story that includes a cake. When I taught kindergarten, my students made the same cakes for the story Bunny Cakes.  

Let me know how these cakes work for your students.  If you have a different story to use please let me know!  I'd love to hear your ideas and even see some photos!    















1 comment:

  1. This is such a sweet story! I always used the cake recipe at the end of the story which was dry and not very tasty, plus the oven to bake it in was in a different wing of the school. This would be so much easier!!!!

    ReplyDelete