Tuesday, November 25, 2014

We've been busy!!!






The holidays are a busy time of year...at home and at school!  My 2nd graders have been creating some Thanksgiving themed activities.  Now that break has started, we will be moving on to Christmas activities.

During my search for activities, I came across the most adorable stand up turkey by Whimsy Workshop Teaching!  My kids enjoyed creating their turkeys.  They will look adorable on their Thanksgiving tables this Thursday.  We also created our hand prints on a turkey poem.  My students have been making these hand print poems for many years.  I laminate them so parents can save them from year to year and hang them on their refrigerators.  I have had parents come back, years later, and tell me that they still have these turkey hand prints as a keepsake.  Lastly, we disguised some turkeys!  Some of my students really got creative with this one!  Melissa Dailey created an adorable product that includes examples of disguised turkeys!  A lot of fun and something I will use year after year.

To see the products these activities came from just click the links below.

No comments: