Sunday, September 20, 2015

My Weekend Painting Project

 I spent part of my weekend painting a shelf my mother bought for me. (Thanks Mom!) The purpose of this shelf is to be used in my classroom as a bookshelf for my classroom library.

I love bright colors so I decided to go with this beautiful yellow.

A trick I learned is to put a rubber band around the can. When I dip my brush in the can I can scrape the paint off the brush along the rubber band if you have too much. I can also lay the brush on top and it won't fall in.

Another trick is to store my wet brush in a ziploc bag in my freezer. There is no need to clean it. When I'm ready to continue painting the brush is ready to go!

Here is how much I have painted so far. I will be working on it over a few weeks to get it all completed. (I have to admit that I really don't want to take this to school. I think it would look so much prettier filled with my fabric and quilts in my sewing room!)

No comments: