Saturday, September 12, 2015

Halloween Goodies!

Last Christmas, I posted about making the famous Christmas mice. I have been making these for the last 20 years (at least!) But they are not just for Christmas. These mice are wonderful for Halloween treats as well, especially for Halloween parties! Originally, I remember this idea coming out of a magazine because I have been making these little critters well before the internet was ever a part of our homes and daily lives.
So here is the directions again, but this time just in time for Halloween!

These mice are really easy to make!  I prefer to purchase the good chocolate that candy makers use, but some people just melt chocolate bars.  It is a bit more expensive, but tastes so much better!  You can purchase different types and brands at candy supply stores.  Make sure you buy cherries that still have the stems on them. They sell them in jars at Walmart. Dip the cherries in the melted chocolate and lay on wax paper.  You must work fast because the chocolate hardens quickly.  Add a Hershey Kiss to the front and two slivers of almonds for ears.  After it all hardens, I use a small tube of icing (sold at any grocery store) and add two white or pink eyes.  And that's all there is to it!  It is always a favorite at parties or added to a plate of cookies that I give as a gift.  Enjoy!

1 comment: