Monday, July 27, 2015

Do You Remember?



We don't spring clean in my house. We SUMMER CLEAN! Summer is the only time I have! I have been going through my old stuff, getting rid of this and that, putting stuff away, etc... This past week, I came across my old record collection. I know, I know! I just gave up my age didn't I?   

When I was entering my teens the 8-track tapes had just been replaced with cassette tapes, but records were still in full swing. I remember going to the record store with my friends to get the latest albums. So here I am now, years later, stuck with a box full of vinyl records. (Eventually, as everyone knows, the records and tapes were replaced with CDs and I have plenty of those too!) I still have an old record player in my garage. As I was cleaning, I played some of those old records. Boy did it bring back memories!


My two favorite groups growing up were Depeche Mode and Duran Duran. I still listen to Depeche Mode A LOT!!!! I am a huge fan! Of course I had all their records and then I bought all their CDs. Now I use Spotify and I have their albums listed right there to enjoy also. 



Mixed in with all my records were ones that were handed down from my mother. Of course, these are classics and still have wonderful songs to listen to today!




This one was also a hand-me-down from my mom. I was laughing so hard when I ran across this! How to keep your husband happy! How about one for how to keep your wife happy? Let the men do some work and exercise to make us happy gals! He he he!!!! 


I think I will hang on to my records. I like to bring them out every few years or so and just enjoy the nostalgia.



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your love of music. I totally relate! I've always loved music in all its forms whether it was one of my mother's vinyl records with the Beatles or Beach Boys, or Duran Duran and the Go Gos on record and cassette shared by my grade school friends. Totally dating myself here too. I have always wished to see Depeche Mode live. Did you ever go to one of their shows? Their album Violator was one of the first CDs I ever owned, alongside Wilson Phillps debut album. Lol. TeacherMsH~Third Is the Word

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't go to a Depeche Mode concert, but I did go to a Duran Duran one in the early 80s. Oh, the memories!

    ReplyDelete