Monday, February 2, 2015

Leibster Award!

I was thrilled to get a message today from Stacie from Smocus Smocus saying that she had nominated me for the Leibster Award! For anyone that doesn't know, the Liebster Award is a blog award that travels around the blog community to recognize newer blogs.

I love that others are loving my blog! Thank you so much!
Here are the questions I was asked today.

Why and how long ago did you start blogging?
I started my blog not long after I started my Teachers Pay Teachers store.  I wanted to have a way to share teaching ideas and products. And I think a blog is a really easy creative outlet because it allows me to show photographs as well as write about what I do.

What one word sums up the heart of your blog and why?
Creativity! I get to be creative and show myself off. I think my blog not only shows off my teacher side, but also shows off my other interests (like camping!)

Is there something you learned late in your blogging journey that you wished you had known before?
I wish I had hired someone early on to design my blog. I waited and tried to do it all by myself. It's not easy to design a blog and some things I could never figure out.

What's your favorite past time other than blogging?
I obviously love camping! We have a trailer that we love to take out every spring, summer, and fall. It is a relaxing way to vacation. When I am camping I love to read! So you can definitely add that as a past time too!

How many hours per week do you dedicate to your blog?
I have been increasing that steadily. So maybe 5-10 a week now depending what I have to do.

What category of blog posts do you enjoy the most?
I like posts that have pictures that show how to do something easily. For example, I follow a blog that shows step by step photos on how to do technology. I like that. It helps to see those pictures.

Where does your clog inspiration come from?
Mostly my classroom activities. I have permission from my student's parents to put them on my blog so they are all over it!

Which post have you written are you most proud of?
To tell you the truth I don't have one particular one that stands out yet. I will have to get back to you on that one.

Is there any post you have been planning to do but you have been postponing? 
Yes, but I don't want to give my secrets away! LOL

What is your favorite aspect of blogging?
Sharing ideas with other teachers.

Which recipe, project, or idea from my blog would you like to try yourself?
I would like to read some of the books that you have listed on your bookshelf!

I now nominate the following bloggers for the Liebster Award:
Abbie Steppin Up to First Grade

Now that  you have been nominated,  you must do the following to receive your award:
  1. Link back to the blog that nominated you.
  2. Answer the questions I answered above.
  3. Nominate 5-11 blogs that have less than 200 followers. You may give them 11 questions or they can answer the same questions you did.
  4. Let your nominees know they've been nominated and provide them with a link back to your post so that they can accept.
  5. Send your nominator a link to your post so (s)he can learn more about you as well. (You can just put your post link in the comments below.)
All done!! Thanks again Stacie!


5 comments:

  1. Hi Lynn! Thank you so much for the nomination. I'm honored, and I was nominated earlier this year. Feel free to read my post http://steppinuptofirstgrade.blogspot.com/2014/10/liebster-award-nomination-guess-what-i.html
    Thanks again for the nomination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was well deserved Lynn! I love your blog! I tried to design my own blog too and I agree, it's tough. Your design is one of my favorites!
    ~Stacie
    Smocus Smocus

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well deserved Lynn! I love your blog! I tried designing my own blog early on too and I agree, it's tough. Your blog design is one of my favorites!
    ~Stacie
    Smocus Smocus

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Lynn for the nomination! Here is my blog post:
    http://aisforadventuresofhomeschool.blogspot.com/

    ~Cristina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the nomination! I am so honored!

    ReplyDelete