Sunday, December 7, 2014

Making it Simpler and Wanting More Time


As I get older, I find myself wanting everything in my life to be simpler.  I also want more time.  I dislike wasting time and I resent someone else wasting my time.  Most recently, I started cleaning out my email account.  There are too many wasted emails in my inbox.  I unsubscribed to at least thirty companies in one night and spammed just as many.  It wastes time going through tons of non-relevant emails day in and day out.  It felt so wonderful to open my email the next day and have it less full!  Unless I order from a company regularly, I don't need it!

The same can be said for my work activities.  I want my day to be simple.  I want my time to be well spent.  My students have heard me say, many times, don't waste your minutes!  The value of their time is just as important as mine.  If your work is finished, get a book to read and focus on it.  I will do the same.  I have five minutes to spare, then I can grade five minutes worth of papers or cut five minutes worth of laminating.  Five minutes here, five minutes there...it really adds up!  When someone says, "How did you get that done?"  I just say, "I don't waste my time."

1 comment:

  1. Such a good post! I found you on Teachers Pay Teachers and now I plan to follow your blog.

    ReplyDelete