Wednesday, December 3, 2014

December Pick 3!

I am so excited to have joined some fellow bloggers in a monthly pick 3!  Each month, on the 3rd day, we will be highlighting some wonderful Pinterest ideas that we can use in our classroom!  So come join us each month and check out some great ideas!
I love Christmas time!  And despite the busy time of the year, I still try to fit in as much holiday activities and fun in my classroom as I can.
The Christmas tree made out of strips of paper!  I have actually done this activity before and the kids loved it!  I used a variety of paper strips, but if you want to add a math twist to it have the children measure out each strip to a desired amount! 
(click the picture to go the pinterest link)
I love, love, love this writing activity!  My students groan when it is writing time, so I am always looking for new and fun ways to liven it up for them!  What child wouldn't want to write about Santa getting stuck in the chimney? 
(click the picture to go to the pinterest link)
I don't know about you, but I don't do enough Science experiments in my classroom!  This is sure to be a hit and I am excited to try it out! 
(click the picture to go to the pinterest link)




2 comments:

  1. I love the simplicity of those trees. They are adorable- each one has its own look! My kids would love the candy cane science! Thank you so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to love science when it includes candy canes. I can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete