Saturday, September 7, 2013

2nd grade

The last few weeks have been so busy!!!  I moved from kindergarten to 2nd grade and even though I have taught 2nd grade before there are some new programs in place that take some getting used to.  We have been in school for two weeks now and I have to say that I love this group of 2nd graders!  I am very lucky to have a great class.  They are a lot of fun! 

I have been trying to remember to take photos as I go along to share.  Now that things are settling down, I have time to devote to my blog again.

Yesterday the children were reviewing coins.  We created an adorable book that I had printed off of Enchanted Learning.  During activities, involving cutting, I really dislike the traffic of children getting up and down out of their seats to throw their scraps away.  To solve this problem I purchased little trash baskets for each table.  Problem solved!!!  My students can throw their trash in the basket and later the teacher helper can empty each one.  I love the fact that it keeps the students in their areas and alleviates the foot traffic around the classroom.  It also helps to keep the classroom neater.  Something so simple makes life in the classroom so much easier!



No comments: